Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Caitlin Elizabeth Collins arrives

Caitlin Elizabeth Collins arrived on February 19 at 6:45am weighing 6 pounds 6 ounces and was 20 1/4" long. She made a quick entrance. My water broke while sleeping about 1:30am. When I arrived at the hospital around 3:00, I was only 1-2 cm. Imagine my surprise when things progressed so quickly. I did get an epidural, but I should have saved my money. I had gotten beyond the point of it helping by the time I received it. But you never know what will happen. Everyone was surprised how quickly my labor went since it was my first baby. Lee was beside me all of the way...even when I fussed because he was talking too loud - oops! My parents were also there at the hospital when she was born, although they were in the hall. Carmen and the girls arrived a few minutes after she was born. Unfortunately, Lee's parents were sick when we called them to come. His dad was admitted to ICU that same day for the flu, pneumonia, and a urinary tract infection. They were not able to see Caitlin until she was twelve days old. We didn't want to spread any germs. We sent pictures to their email from our cell phones and their grandson printed them out for them. What would we do without technology? Thankfully, Papa has improved and is home now. They are making up for lost time with Caitlin. We stayed in the hospital overnight and came home as our new family.

This is the first picture of our new family. This was about thirty minutes after Caitlin was born.
One of several trips to the NICU during her seven hour stay. The proud papa!
Daddy listening to the nurse before she was sent to the NICU.
Her daddy taking a minute just to look at his new little girl. She is the apple of his eye already.
In her going home outfit that her great grandmother Mama Rhetta bought for her. We thought it might be snug, but it was so big on her!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Caitlin Elizabeth Collins as well ^.^