Friday, October 10, 2008

New and improved Caitlin....

Caitlin is now feeling much better, thankfully. She's still getting breathing treatments about twice a day. One way I can tell she is better is she is so much more active. She's been keeping me on my toes the last couple days. Let me give you the scenario of this very morning. Caitlin and I were sitting on the floor in the den watching Mickey Mouse, which is her favorite. I was thirsty so I decided to go get something to drink. I was in the kitchen maybe twenty seconds and when I came back, she was gone. And I mean gone! My heart immediately skipped a beat. I looked in her normal hiding places - under the swing, under the dining room table, next to the trashcan, behind the recliner. Nothing! I went in the bedroom and looked around. Still nothing so I came back and looked in the first places again. I was getting a little more nervous. I called her name, but didn't hear anything. I went back into the bedroom and our bathroom. There was our sweet little girl sitting on the floor in the bathroom playing with her bath toys. No problem with her! I scooped her up and headed back to Mickey Mouse! Thankfully I am not one to have meltdowns as this would have been the time for one. :) Needless to say, we have now barricaded the way to the stairs and bedroom. You will see how we turned the pack-n-play into an obstacle in her path!

Caitlin playing in her pack-n-play, the unconventional way! It works though! We put it between the recliner and the fireplace and she can't get around it....yet!
Loving on Daddy before he left for an Abbeville football game today. Go Panthers!
Laughing at Daddy and being a sweet girl! She loves giving a goofy grin these days.
Gnawing on a carrot. This was a few days ago when she wasn't feeling well. You can see it in her eyes. She was grumpy and I discovered this would make her content for a few minutes.
Look mom, I can do a split. Caitlin is very flexible. Just ask anyone who's seen her crawl around and then sit up with one leg under her and one straight out. She got this from her MawMaw!
The more mobile Caitlin! She is exploring something new all the time and can get to things faster than I can most of the time. Except Daddy did get to his drink before she managed to scramble to get it off the floor - he now knows that putting your stuff on the floor is not safe!
Being cheezy and showing off her six teeth!
Our precious gift from God! We are truly blessed!

1 comment:

J.A.M (Jonathan, Anna, and Michelle Norton) said...

She's beautiful!! So glad she is feeling better!
Love ya'll!
Michelle