Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

We were blessed this year to be able to host Thanksgiving in our own home. We have great families and it meant so much to me and Lee to be able to share this special day with them. Lee's parents, grandmother, uncle, brother and family all came over along with my parents. For my sake and for those that ate today, we all shared in the cooking! I did have the fire department on standby and, while they were not called, I did have some smoke and burnt marshmallows! No actual fire though :)
Caitlin was feeling under the weather most of the day. She has had a runny nose, coughing, and wheezing for a few days now. We are back to doing breathing treatments at least every four hours. Today she woke up with a fever and it went up to 102.8. Her heart was racing and she was breathing so fast. She got pretty tired and was working to breathe there for a while. I called the triage nurse on call and she told me that she should probably be seen in the ER. Lee and I talked it over and decided to watch her for a bit. Finally tonight she had a wet diaper after not having one since I got her up this morning! And we managed to get a couple of bottles in her too. Fever is up again, but I put some Tylenol and cough med in her night time bottle so hopefully she will get some sleep tonight. We are hoping to make a early morning trip to see Dr. Hughes tomorrow.
I am planning on getting some shopping done before our dr visit. Carmen is coming to the house at 3:50am and we are on a hunt for some steals and deals. It has become a tradition for the two of us. She probably won't sleep for being so excited. I, on the other hand, will have to drag myself out of bed at the last possible second! We have a great time though and I wouldn't trade it for anything! Before my work schedule was posted, I told her I might have to work Friday because I would be off Thanksgiving day. She replied with "Well, you don't have to leave for work until 6:30am....stores open at 4:00am!"
Lee and I are doing great. We have such a great time together. We are best friends and love spending time as a family - laughing, playing games, talking, and watching football! I am so grateful to God for allowing us to serve Him together as we travel down the path called life. I'm so blessed!
Caitlin watching TV with Daddy this morning. You can see she wasn't feeling well.

Mama Rhetta, Mary Brian, Caitlin, and Molly hanging around while the fellas were watching some football.
Lee and his grandmother. She is a wonderful woman of God and we love her dearly!

The four grandchildren - Timothy, Caitlin, Molly, and Mary Brian. There's quite an age gap there! Caitlin lights up when she sees one of them come in. The girls have been teaching her how to dance and Caitlin now dances when she hears music! After the blessing at lunch time today, Timothy walked up to Caitlin who promptly said "Hey"

Terri, Mary Brian, and Molly. The first set of Collins girls!

Getting ready for some lunch.

Mama Rhetta just sitting back watching the action.

Lee enjoying his turkey leg!
MawMaw playing patty cake with Caitlin. Didn't get a picture of GaGa in here. He was probably busy doing something around the house. But GaGa was there of course. He was holding Caitlin while I was getting the smoking marshmallows out of the house :)
Caitlin playing patty cake with Mama Rhetta. I think this is priceless!

Daddy getting ready to take the older grandchildren to the movies. Caitlin sure has tired eyes here. Poor thing!

Mama Rhetta, Caitlin, and CC.

Me and Papa. We have once again been blessed with another year with Papa. It's been almost three years since he was paralyzed and he could have easily been taken away from us. Hold tight to your children and loved ones. Don't let a visit pass where you don't tell them you love them. We never know which breath will be our last. We love you Papa - Lee, Crystal, and Caitlin




No comments: